Wednesday, November 26, 2008

and we are off.....

Today our Holiday officially starts. We have some crazy Stout/Baxter traditions that we must adhere to on the day before Thanksgiving. Since we host Thanksgiving at our house we get to decorate and set up for the family's big feast. This year is a little different since we are actually hosting our biggest dinner yet....15. We have actually rented two six foot tables, 15 chairs, table cloths, and napkins. I love this part and promise to post a picture once we get it all set up. My sister-in-law and mom are coming over around 4 to help with all the decorative prep. Tonight is one of my favorite parts of the day because family comes over to help season and inject the turkey's. (4 breasts/1 whole turkey). Colin and Mac have the secret sauce they create and then rub it down with some really good creole seasoning. I am sure the night will end with some Rock Band and good family time. We are thrilled that the St. Louis Baxter's joined us this year (Rick, Clare, and Stephen....we are sad that Flo couldn't make it). I am also excited because I think that Colin is going to get off work early! Did I mention I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS?!?!?!?

This afternoon before all the madness begins I am going to one of my favorite restaurants with the girls from work. We are off to Saul Good to celebrate the break, friendship, and I am celebrating joining them on Monday!

We have so much to be thankful for!
Em

No comments: