Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lots on the mind...

This is going to be one of those random posts about what is on my mind and what I feel like God is teaching me. My biggest problem these days is slowing down to listen to God. I am unable to do the 7am up early read, pray, blog time because my little man is waking up earlier. Don't get me wrong, I love that time with Camden, but I am missing my quiet time. So as my days start earlier, I keep pushing back that time with God until I fall into bed at night and think, I didn't have my quiet time...ending my day disappointed in myself. Make sense? I find myself praying for people throughout my day as they come to mind, but I need time to listen, read, and thank God.

Camden is growing so fast. He now loves to climb the steps and then walk down the hall holding onto my fingers. I believe that walking is right around the corner, but for now he knows that he can get places faster when crawling. He absolutely loves Grandma and Grandaddy's pool. He can spend an hour on the steps playing with ducks, trucks, and balls. He loves for us to hold him so he floats on his belly, with tiny kicks. He also loves to be thrown up high into the air and then caught to make a big splash. He is hilarious. I made the mistake of taking him out of his ladybug float, so now he is over being confined to a float and more about us taking him around the pool. School is going well for our little guy. We are having a little bit of separation anxiety at first, but his teachers assure me he screams long enough for me to hear him as I leave and then he is happy with playing with all his new friends and eating cheerios. He is saying "mom," "duck," "quack," "ball," and "peez"

Work for me is wonderful. I love having those twelve hours to talk to adults and listen to others. I enjoy the people I get to work with each day. I am encouraged and feel needed. My favorite part of work so far is the Myers Briggs training we go through. I am learning so much about my personality and how I can relate better to others (work, home, family, ect). I am super excited that Colin is going to take the test and then walk through the results with our life group.

So that is what is going on in a nutshell. Need more time with God, loving camden and my job!
Still can't find my camera but have some great suggestions on replacing my old one (that is still in a super safe place).

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

hey friend, when you figure out how/when/where to have a consistent quiet time when you have a toddler, please let me know. :) i totally get it . . . love ya!