Monday, April 27, 2009

The Rest of the Story.....

(The Stout family heading home....you can't tell behind that smile, I am freaking out!)

(Proud Daddy)


(I am in love)

My little guy is snug as a bug in his pack-n-play or pack-in-play (hmm) behind me and I decided I needed to update everyone with the rest of the story. I left you off with our little guy making his big debut into the world. When the neo-natal nurse checked Camden out for the first time they realized he was grunting and not breathing well, so after a quick snuggle from mom and dad they whisked him away to care for his little "grunts." It ended up that the grunting was not the only little bump, baby Camden also had some low blood sugar. The nursery was amazing and took such good care of my little guy. I always told Colin if he left me to follow our new baby to the nursery I would knock him out. I have a thing about being alone, I love to be surrounded by people. When the time came for Camden to leave the room and head to the nursery I insisted that Colin leave me and stay close to our son. My mind quickly switched gears, it was not longer about me.....When I was tranferred from Labor/Delivery to Post-Partom (again have know idea how to spell) they took me by the nursery where I got to touch my sweet boys little foot. They assured me that he would be down to our room soon, but that Colin and I were the only ones to hold him that evening due to the ensuing grunts.


We enjoyed our first moments with Camden. I cried and laughed and just memorized every line on his little face. He absolutely blew me away. He was and is perfect. This child is such a gift and miracle and I finally had him in my arms. The next few days were spent learning how to care for this precious gift, enjoying family and friends, and trying to sleep. (hahahaha).

On Thursday, April 23rd we were awakened at 7am by every Dr in the hospital (pediatrician, OB, nurses, administration) in order to start the check out process. I mean, they were preparing to send us home with this tiny baby, without a nurse......I was so nervous. Colin's qoute for his spastic wife has been and continues to be......"God wouldn't have given us this sweet child if he didn't entrust us with his life. Use your mind and your heart to guide you in each decision and remember we don't get any of these days back, soak them up." He continues to tell me that each day and I also claim Phillipians 4:6....."do not worry, pray."

When we arrived HOME, my mom and dad were here and helped us all get settled. I think I cry every time I hold and look into Camden's eyes (or write about it). This emotion, this love is so much more then I could ever imagine. This little life, God's child is in our care. We have been called to raise him, we have been called to guide him in God's will for his life. We are so blessed.


Tomorrow I plan on blogging about our first THREE doctor's appointments. Yes, three. Just know that we are all happy and healthy and that PAA (pediatricians) are AMAZING!

(Guess who else is STILL amazing....my MOMMA. She spent the night with me on our first night home so Colin could sleep and get to work Friday. She is the best! I love you momma. Love you guys.

1 comment:

Kendra White said...

love all the pictures and the post... did i mention i cannot wait to get my "clean" hands on that doodlebug:)