Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep







Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love hosting our family here at the house for some delicious fried turkey and too many sides and desserts to count. It is really a team effort (my mom makes more then anyone...she "loves to cook!"), and it is always wonderful to spend time and catch up with dear friends and family. We are so blessed. Tomorrow night Mac and Colin will get the turkeys marinated and stuff....I don't like this part. I am usually busy setting up the table....my sweet spot. Here is a look at years past decor.

1. 2008 (sporting a tiny baby bump)

2. 2009 (my boy looks so little here)

3. 2010 (First T-giving on Woodwalk)


I have all the ingredients for my green beans and mashed potatoes lined up nice and neat on my counter. Colin has all the sauces and sav's for the turkey. The playroom is being cleared out to make room for tables, (too many toys). The tables will be delivered tomorrow, the final touches will be added tomorrow evening and we expect pple as early as 8 to start frying turkey's and eating fried twinkies....be sure you freeze them before dipping into the fryer (we learned the hard way).


Happy Thanksgiving friends!!

No comments: