Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun

My first blog......I have no idea what I am doing so please be patient :)

Colin and I are hosting our third Thanksgiving this Thursday. It all starts with my house getting a good scrub on Wednesday, thankfully we are out of school and I can spend some quality time with my vacuum and endust.
On Thursday, we wake up early in the morning, my brother (and his girlfriend, Whitney) come over and we start the Thanksgiving Day process. This is a huge ordeal that usually begins with frying twinkies. (If you have not tried it, here is how: http://www.wchstv.com/gmarecipes/deepfriedtwinkies.shtml). This year we are adding another dessert to the frying menu....snickers bars wrapped in pie crust, I think it sounds disgusting but my husband and brother insisted. I for one am not going there. After we finish frying sweets, we begin with the first bird. It is truly an art that my husband religiously follows every year. He must be doing something right because every year we hardly have any turkey left.
At around 12:30 both sides of our family begin arriving. Everyone brings a side dish or two, a dessert or two, and a healthy appetite. It is such an incredible time with our families. I cherish our family tradition. This year I have decorated my table with all Christmas themed items. It was purely unintentional and I know I am jumping ahead...but it looks too cute. I will try and get a picture and post it.
I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday :)

No comments: