Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th Festivities

We have had such a wonderful weekend. I love when Colin is home for THREE whole days, and so did Camden. There is something about having Colin around that just makes life more fun, I guess that is why I married him. He really is my best friend, and he knows how to make me laugh. It is also so nice to see him and Camden interact, he is an amazing dad. We started our weekend off at a cookout with some good friends. We love spending time with the Jennings' and the Feola fam (minus Katie and Jos, he was sick and you were both missed). We had burgers and dogs and just hung out and let the kids run/crawl around. On Saturday we got the call that the pool was officially open so we took our first dip in the Baxter Pool. The heater wasn't hooked up yet, but since it isn't deep it was pretty comfortable. (80). Camden loved floating in his ladybug raft (hand me down from Leann, thanks)...until he figured out how much fun it is to "swim" with mommy and daddy, and hang out on the steps. He loves the water. We are happy that he loves to be in the pool, but we also want to teach him how to swim and the boudaries of the pool. I think that he would swim all day if he could, swim...you know what I mean. We cooked out with the Jennings' fam again Saturday night, and Sophie and Riley approved of the pool.

Sunday we started off going to church for the 1010 service. Followed by another afternoon at the pool. The Vandemark family joined us for burgers, sweet potato fries, pasta salad, and some cookie cake. Charlie helped me sing "happy birthday USA" before we dove into the bright blue iced cake. We kept Camden up to 730 two nights in a row and I really believe the later we get him to sleep, the earlier he wakes up, what??? If we get him down at 6:45 or 7 he sleeps until 8. Who knows....

Monday we drove down to Lake Herrington to spend time with the Stout family. Dennis has this beautiful gazebo that we spend the afternoon in watching the kids play. Katelyn and Camden had so may toys that Grandma Deb brought. We enjoyed burgers and dogs, fresh fruit, and some amazing cake Deb made. Colin and I got to sneak a ride on a jet ski, but really just enjoyed time with the family.

Overall it was such a wonderfully relaxing weekend and I know that we are blessed to live in the USA, but to have family and friends to celebrate our freedom.

PS still no camera. I will upload some pix from my iphone....I guess i need to buy a new camera now. It has been over a month, and it is still MIA. I am sure I put it in a really "safe" place.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Henry totally loves the water too. Nick's dad has a pool and we have passes to Southland pool, so he is there a lot! I decided since he spends so much time in the water to sign up for swim lessons at Southland. We are doing the Mommy and Me classes for 12-18 month olds and it starts tomorrow if you want to go too. But we are going from 6-7pm, so it might be a little late for your guy. We had to do it after work.

I am amazed you get him to bed so early! Henry passed out at 7:45 on the 4th we thought it was INSANE. He ususally goes to bed around 8:30-9. But we dont get home from work until around 5:30 or 6, so we need a little time with our man. :)

Amber said...

new camera purchase for sure. so fun!!! Tell Nakada and Katie hello for me