Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Relaxed, Calm, Anxious....repeat

(Tree on the right...storm came through, and....)
....no more tree

(Camden and his newe buddy, Mo-Mo)


This house buying/selling thing is quite a journey. I have to admit that as long as I trust that God is in control, I am relaxed. When I realize that no matter what we have a great home, I am calm. Then the flesh side of me who wants to have my hands in everything and make it happen the way I want it to....I get anxious. Here is the deal, this life is all about loving God and loving people. Houses, cars, clothes, all that STUFF...momentary. God is forever, living for Heaven and being an example is what matters most. If I get caught up in this house buying/selling, I am going to miss out on people and other ways that God is trying to romance me. Sooooo....I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. He has gotten us this far, why try and take the wheel now.

We have a contract on our new house with a contingency on selling our home. We have had four showings in the last four days and lots of great feedback. Last night Colin and I say on the front porch and just watched a thunderstorm roll through. This thunderstorm took out our bradford pear tree (pictured above)...some serious wind. Well when the tree guys came by to prune our tree, they noticed it was dead and that it would be better to remove it....so we have some new curb appeal. I kind of like it!!



I will keep you posted on my many emotions, but pray that I can enjoy this time and just watch and listen to God....
Em








Ohhh...how could I forget to add a little something about my boy? He has been taking steps and choosing to cruise more and more. I have posted a video on FB of his "cupid shuffle." He also has moved on from Yo Gabba Gabba (thank goodness) and onto Elmo, or "Mo Mo."

1 comment:

{{emily}} said...

posey LOVES elmo!!! she also loves yo gabba gabba......but i can handle that. posey only saw elmo once and was hooked! i don't know what the magic is of elmo, barney and yo gabba, but i wanna figure it out and make my own character! i'd have a "buttful" of money! hahahaha!!!!!