Monday, June 6, 2011

Well hello friends

Man, I just haven't been feeling the blog for a while. I don't know why, I just have not been motivated to sit down and write. I know when I first started it was an outlet for our infertility struggles and a place to write down the story of Camden. Recently, I just have felt empty. Not really able to put words together to place in the blog. Not a bad empty....just mute. Make sense? I don't want to force it, so I just have avoided it.

I have officially started my first summer as a teacher....meaning no work, and some sweet pool time with my boy. It has been a blast. We went to the Louisville Zoo a few weeks ago with a great group of girls. It was so much fun watching Camden. He loved all the animals, especially the penguins. He didn't know what to do with his excitement....he clapped and squeeled. I loved it! I do have a few videos....and pix, I should post those :)

Tomorrow we are going to Salato in Frankfort. I don't really know what to expect animal wise, we have just heard some good things about it. Packing our lunch and going exploring.

Our little guy has turned into quite the fish. He LOVES the pool. He sits on the "beps" (steps) and will jump into the open water. He wears water wings, but still loves to try and dunk his head. he loves the fountains on the side of the pool, and always asks to go "up high." He is putting more and more words together, although I believe he speaks fluent chinese. I don't know what he is saying half of the time....but I love it!

He is running, swinging, and falling. He is going to be one of those boys that has a knot on his head and two skinned knees all summer. He is adventurous and brave. He is the best....can you tell I really like him? We keep talking about school next year, and I ask him if he wants mommy to be his teacher, and he does say yes. We shall see how that goes this fall. Thankful for my teach teacher Flora....she is going to help with the mom/teacher duel roll.

I guess that is it for now.....hopefully I will be back in less then two weeks.

1 comment:

Abby said...

So glad you are enjoying summer! Miss you tons!