Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Peace

John 14:27 (New International Version)
27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


John 14:27 (The Message)

25-27"I'm telling you these things while I'm still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught.

I came across this scripture yesterday and it just really touched me. I am one that constantly worries and fears about the unknown. I am trying to adopt the phrase "faith over fear." That no matter what happens (even it is something I do fear), that God will get me through it and make me stronger because of it. I am so thankful for HIS words, HIS assurance, and the ability to walk with him everyday.

No comments: