Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Anyone?

(I borrowed this picture from Jodi Hickerson)

Is anyone else just heartbroken about Haiti? I can't get it out of my mind, I wake up in the middle of the night and just feel so blessed for a bed to sleep in, a roof over my head, heat, and the list goes ON and ON! We are rich! We have been given so much, so what is God calling me to do? I have some ideas (really Stef, I do...), and I just haven't acted on them yet. I don't know what I am waiting for....



I have never been to Haiti for a mission trip. When I was younger we went on a cruise and we stopped in Haiti....of course there was a HUGE wall that seperated us for the extreme poverty. At that age I had no idea. I have had friends who have gone on mission trips, who live there, and who have taken beautiful pictures on the people and hung them on their walls. My heart simply breaks. After all, they are God's children, He loves them and so do I. Honestly, I just don't have a want.....I don't need anything else. I am so blessed. I want to live simply and give abundantly.



I pray God continues to break my heart for what breaks His. It isn't fun, or easy, but it helping me see through His eyes.

If you are looking for a way to give here is a link to World Vision. You can make a donation through this organization.
http://www.worldvision.org/worldvision/eappeal.nsf/egift-haiti-earthquake-relief?Open&campaign=113655125&cmp=KNC-113655125

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

i love you, freind. your heart is so pure. :)