Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Three Times....OK I am listening

I have started a bible study at church on Wednesday nights. Rebecca had us open our bibles to Deuteronomy 31:7 last week and in doing so I found 31:6 underlined with the year "2007 and baby" written next to it. I enjoyed reading the scripture and seeing His promise to me. This is the beginning of the scripture that I used as a focal point during labor and delivery (Deuteronomy 31:8). I had it posted on the wall right in front of me so I could cling to His promises during the process of meeting Camden. So last Wednesday, was my first moment. My second came during my bible study at home when I decided I need to send this to the girls in my accountability group. This is a truth that we all need to claim. The third was last night. I went to a dear friends Birthday party and instead of thank you notes she wrote out one word that described us and a verse that came to her mind. My word was brave, and my verse.....Deuteronomy 31:6. OK, I am listening.....I pray that these words cover you today and that you hear Him too.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (New International Version)
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6 (The Message)
6 "Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you."
Anyone else need that promise? I wonder who "they" are?

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

how cool is that? i love when God speaks directly to us like that... oh wait, i mean i love when we are able to slow down enough to listen to him speak.... :) i love you friend and am so thankful for your encouragement!