Monday, February 15, 2010

From 13.2 to 3.2

I have been so thankful that my body has recovered after each long run, UNTIL last Sunday. I ran my six miles and after that run my hip and knees were really hurting. I did the heat, ice, meds and rested and a week later I was still in pain. I haven't run since that fateful day, and after seeking wise advice and "listening to my body" I have decided to continue to run for the Refuge but instead of 13.2 miles, I am going to run 3.2. To say I am disappointed is an understatement....I really wanted to run a mini. I just don't want to risk hurting myself just to say I ran a mini....I can still raise money running 3.2 miles....right? Pride....oh that pride. So, all this to say I am continuing to train, but with much fewer miles. I am excited that I will actually be at the finish line to take my friends pictures and hug them when they complete the race.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

3.2 is still amazing! I am proud of you for doing it at all. Listen to your body. It knows best