Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sorry...

Remember that time I had a blog and I was dedicated to write and update you about the Stout Family life? Well, the blog thing is much easier when your wireless router works....we have been without internet for about a week. At first I hated it, I missed FB, blogs, and blogging...but then I realized I could live without the computer (I could check a few things on my phone, but couldn't blog). So that is my excuse and I am sticking to it. I am a little overwhelmed as to what I should post about because it has been so long.

Camden
Well our little man is just growing and growing. He is 21lbs (triple his birthweight) and busting out of his 12 month PJ's. He is SO much fun these days. "Talking," we get an occasional mamamama, and dadadadada. He mimicks everything we do, uh oh. Clapping, trying to snap, he loves to make noise, seems that he has discovered his little voice. He isn't too interested in toys, loves drawers, blinds, fireplace, and electrical sockets....we are child proofing, no worries. He also LOVES bathtime....he plays and plays and talks and talks, and rolls all around our big tub. He is very mobile, not a true crawl yet, but well on his way. He can sit up from a laying position (twice), and enjoys "standing" with mommy and daddy's help. He is an eating machine. We have gotten rid of all babyfood in this house. Camden prefers maple and brown sugar oatmeal, ravioli, vanilla wafers, bananas, apples, mandarin oranges, mini pancakes, ect. He would like to control the spoon, but we are definately not ready for that. He takes three naps a day....1-2 hours for the first two and a quick catnap around 4 or 5. Bath at 6:30 and bottle then bed. He wakes up around 7:30 or 8 each day....so HAPPY! He has four teeth, two on top and two on the bottom, and do not put your finger in his mouth because he does know how to use them. Life here is so fun and I love my life with my boys.

Colin
I was hired to do the administrative duties for Concrete Coring from home and three weeks later we realized it was not a good fit. Colin didn't have "home" time, he would work here and at work. So we/he decided that he needed to hire a full-time office manager who would work at the OFFICE and free up home to be home! I was happy to work for him, but really didn't like that he didn't have a place to relax and get away from work. The new office manager starts Wednesday (PRAISE GOD), and we are hoping work life gets a little less stressful for my hubs.

Em
I have been running and running and running in preparation for the mini in March. This has been such a cool experience for me. I really know I couldn't do it without prayer. I pray a whole lot during my runs. Like...."Lord, I don't think I can do this, only you can keep my feet moving" and He does. I am up to 6 miles....and that was rough. My hip and knee are a little sore today. Please pray that my body can handle these last months of training and that I can raise money and awareness for The Refuge for Women. (I will post on this amazing community soon and love for you to support me in the race). I am enjoying my days with baby Camden, and just love being a mom. Sometimes I look at Camden and feel so overwhelmed that God has entrusted ME with this little life, but then He reminds me that I am not alone....I have amazing family, friends, and HIM to guide me.

If I think of more news to post, I will do it. I am so sorry for being absent for so long. (and will post some pix too)
Em

2 comments:

Mrs. Smorstad said...

good for you!! what an inspiration :) and yay for an office manager.... home time is for your family!

Debbie said...

Sounds to me like you are an amazing mom and juggling your life, with God's help, to be the best it could possibly be! Keep at it....you're doing great:)