Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Prayer

"God is the constant gracious listener to our every thought, and prayer begins when we bring what we most naturally think before God."

Sometimes I forget that God is always present and listening. I feel bad if I don't have scripture to quote, friends to pray for, catastrophies, ect. I feel like what I think is mediocre. I fail to remember that HE already knows my thoughts, my fears, my hopes, my dreams. I just need to pray...anytime, anywhere. I have tried to start praying for friends when they come to my mind. I have one friend that I always pray for when I am drying my hair. Every morning, I think of her and take that as a prompt to lift her up.

As I was reading my book this morning, one of my favorite scriptures appeared again. The word EVERYTHING stood out. It means I need to pray through everything....if I am worried about finances, pray. If I am anxious, pray. If someone cuts me off, PRAY (that is tough). Pray through everything.

I am so thankful for the ability to pray. I am so thankful that God is always ready to listen. I am also grateful for the friends and husband He has placed in my life to pray WITH.

Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version)
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: