Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Relationships

So now I know why God placed my friends on my heart last week. He wanted to talk to me in depth about how important they are in this life.

"Every day, everyone you know faces life with eternity on the line, and life has a way of beating people down. Every life needs a cheering section. Every life needs a shoulder to lean on once in a while. Every life needs a prayer to lift them up to God. Every life needs a hugger to wrap arms around them sometimes. Every life needes to hear a voice saying, "Don't give up."
-John Ortberg

I hope that I am this friend. I want to bring joy to others. I want to lift people up in prayer. I want to cheer people on. I want to encourage and love. Through these actions, I ultimately will be filled.

"If you can't do great things, do little things with great love. If you can't do them with great love, do them with little love. If you can' do them with little love, do them anyway."
-Mother Teresa

This waking up at 7 each morning, having a cup of coffee, turning on music, and reading/reflecting fills me up. This time gives me the ability to love more.
"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love so that we may sing for joy and be glad all your days." -Psalms

Right now I am reading through The Me I Want to Be, it continues to focus me on who Christ is, and who HE wants me to be. Who He created me to be.....Today I read about the importance or relationships. John Ortberg wrote about parenting and how God created parents. One quote that I loved was; "....(child) and then those little arms and hands will open and reach out and wrap around that neck, and it is going to feel to that grown up that for the first time now they understand why arms and hands were created." I see this two ways, of course my relationship with my sweet boy, but also my relationship with Christ. I was created to be wrapped in His arms, in his love. Each time I remember this, I know that my relationship with Christ is most important. If I focus on that...I can focus and love the other relationships I have been given.

Thank you God for friends, family, and a living relationship with you.

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

You are one great cheerleader in my life, friend. Thank you so much! Love ya!