Monday, March 15, 2010

Truth...

This is a prayer that I have been praying each morning and it has helped me with my anxiety SO much. I know that God is with me and that since I have acknowledged my struggles, He can give me peace

Jesus,
You are my leader. When I wake in the morning, you lead and I will follow. Whatever I need to do in my relationships, body, health, finances, are in YOUR hands. I won't try to figure out the rest of my life. I won't try to solve everyday, JUST TODAY. You lead, I will follow.

To look at life one day at a time is less overwhelming, and I really do have peace. So thankful that God is available and with me....

Some scripture and quotes that I read every morning. (I have all of this in my journal and I am running out of room!!)

Phillipians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"

Phillipians 2:4
"Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage."

Romans 12:3
"Do not think of yourself more highly then you ought, but with sober judgement"

"search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." (this one makes me worry....kind of defeats the point...don't like "test")

"There is not fear in love. Perfect love casts out ALL fear"

"Peace doesn't come from finding a lake with not storms. IT comes from having Jesus in the boat." Ortberg

I hope that this prayer, scriptures, and quotes speak to you. If you have any...send them my way.

Em

2 comments:

Amber said...

What a great post, thank you for all the scriptures as I as well struggle with the very same thing, this help me out so much today :)

Mama Smors said...

Thanks for this post... it was needed at just the right time.