Monday, March 1, 2010

me

Are you the you you want to be? I am not the me I want to be. I have been reading John Ortberg's newest book The Me I Want to Be over the past few weeks. It has been such an inspiring read for me. I STRUGGLE comparing my life to others ALL the time. If I am not wearing, doing, saying, looking, acting, ect like I feel like I should, which is usually a little piece of other people, I must not be right. If I don't wake up early and have my quiet time, journal, ect I must not be a good person. I am learning that God has a plan for me....He says that "I am his masterpiece, He has created me anew in Christ Jesus, so that I can do the good things he has planned for me long ago." (Ephesians 2:10).

Ortberg says, "because you have been created by God as a unique person, his plan to grow ou will not look the same as his plan to grow anyone else." That has given me such a sense of freedom. I may not be the early bird, the journaler or the worship leader, BUT God has existed from eternity-and he desires a RELATIONSHIP with me, and he has never had a realtionship with me before. It is unique....it is comforting to know that He wants to know me. This HUGE GOD that knows my name, every hair on my head....just want to know me. The things that make me happy, sad, anxious, worried, mad....He just wants to know me.

Over the last week I have been praying more sparatically throughout the day. When someone comes to mind, I think it is His prompting. I have been listening to more worship music and reading more scripture. I want to put as much into this as He does (probably impossible). What it comes down to is I want to go to Heaven, but until then I want to KNOW GOD, I want to do His will, I want to see and love others like He does. I don't want to miss one opportunity He places in front of me.

No comments: