Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Deep Breath

Man, we have had quite a week. Through it all I have been claiming this scripture:

Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
"So do not be afraid, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen youand help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

(MSG)
"Don't panic, I am with you.
There's no need to fear for I am your God.
I will give you strength, I will help you.
I will hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you."

I love the phrases "uphold you with my righteous right hand" and "firm grip on you" I am so thankful that He has me. That He didn't and won't let go. We went through a little hiccup last week and thought that we lost the house we were buying. I was devastated...we had found such a beautiful home for our family. In the end we knew that God had a firm grip, he was upholding us...He had a the perfect place for us. For two days we scrambled looking for other homes (knowing we had to be out of our current home in a week). Those two days were crazy, but deep down I was excited about this new adventure. Where was He leading us....where did He want us to live. In the end, it was the house we thought had slipped through our fingers. For those two days, with the lack of sleep, the unknowns, and the fact that we had a week until we needed to find another place to live...we were at peace knowing who was in charge. He took us on quite a ride, but I am so glad that He is the driver. So, as we leave this beautiful place here in Copperfield...we look forward to our new home and how God is going to us it and our family for His glory.

Grateful,
Em

No comments: