Tuesday, September 21, 2010

From Teacher to Mom

Nana bought us the Elmo costume (and bucket) for Halloween...cutest Elmo EVER!

So happy to reunite Cam and Posey (love ya Em)
Enjoying his first trip to Gattitown....
As a teacher I had made the call multiple times to tell parents that their sweet child had been sick and needed to be taken home. Yesterday was when I went from being teacher to mom. I got the call, you see I didn't make the call....I got the call (well really I missed it and Colin got the call and then he called me), you get the picture. It was a crazy day at work, seriously the phones were ringing off the hook, and I just missed my own cell phone ringing. When Colin called the church and I answered I was shocked to hear that Camden was a few buildings over from me at school puking....during snack. The snack which we brought in to share with friends....he puked it up, on the table that his friends were eating at. That is nasty! Thankfully, I had a great friend cover the front desk so I could run and get Camden out of school and home with Grandma (I still had two more hrs of work). He looked fine...totally different outfit (which I forgot to send clothes) and no shoes or socks....because...you guessed it, he puked in them. Nasty! Poor little buddy got home and slept two hours and then tried to eat lunch...didn't work....he puked. Thankfully around dinner he kept a few things down and was ready for bed by 6:00. He slept great and seems to have turned the corner today...so very thankful. That being sick...puking thing isn't fun.

I personally like it when I was a teacher and made the calls. As a mom...I have to open that bag full of soiled clothes and wash them....now that is nasty! Thankful my baby boy is better.

1 comment:

Mama Smors said...

ewwww yuck!!! i make those calls as a teacher and when i can't get a hold of parents i am always like- what are they doing??? and now (more than 5 times... yikes) i have missed the "your child is sick, come get them". i agree i like making those calls much more than receiving them (or missing them)

-- hope camden is feeling better!!!