Friday, September 24, 2010

Running and Christmas Shopping

Surfing Elmo Rocker

Tickle Me Elmo Live

So I have been inspired to run 2-3 times a week in my neighborhood. I am only going to run between 1-2 miles and look forward to listening to music and just reflecting on my day during that time. I am really looking forward to next weeks fall temps and getting out there while it is cooler. I just like to have some down time all to myself with music. It gives me time to praise God, reflect, and just enjoy outside. I always thought I had to run for a reason...training for something. I thought I had to run 8-10 miles....but now I know I can run for fun. I am looking forward to it. You will notice the picture above of Colin and I after a training session with KJ. Well I challenged Colin to a training session....to see who was stronger....and guess who won? My poor hubs didn't make it through the work out...SO, I won a pair of running/training shoes, I am hoping we get to pick them out this weekend.


While at work today I started Christmas shopping for Camden on Craigs List. I bought two Elmo items, Tickle Me Elmo Live and an Elmo's Surfing Rocker (pictured above). I got both items for $25. If I were to buy them new, $100. YEAH for budget savvy...right Leann? I am loving Craigs List these days...I should look and see if they sell running shoes, that might be kind of gross though.

Have a great weekend. World Equestrian Games begin this weekend and the weather should feel like fall!!! Yippeeee......
Em





2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Yay for Craigs list! :) Way to go, friend! So proud of you for running!!!

Debbie said...

Love the pictures of your house and the wonderful way you have decorated. I don't know where it is (you may have mentioned it in an earlier blog) but I love it:) So happy for you and your beautiful family (Cams eyes are the bluest!)