Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pondering

I forgot to post this of Aunt Jen and baby Katelyn from Labor Day Weekend at the lake.

I have really been enjoying this Beth Moore study of Esther. It is really cool when you can see how stories in the bible still relate to our stories today. God really knew what He was doing when He breathed the word to life. Some of my favorite scriptures coming from the study are...



Romans 15:4
"Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us. The scriptures give us patience and encouragement so that we can have HOPE."



I love that whatever type of day I am having, I can turn to God's word and be encouraged. I am the type that uses the table of contents, but more the concordance in the back of my bible. If I have a specific feeling I look up scriptures that relate to that feeling. (maybe cheesy) OR I love to text my friends and ask them a scripture that they know relates to that feeling or circumstance. I have a little card full of my favorites. All of these words God has written give me HOPE!



Psalm 96:6
"God is great~He should be praised, He made everything"

Yesterday during my team meeting at church one of my friends painted a picture of how God created us. That He hadn't created anything, there were miles and miles and miles of dirt and until God molded and breathed into the dirt we were nothing. Even now, we can be walking around as dirt....and until we let God breathe in our lives, we are ultimately nothing. We are living, but not truely alive until we fill ourselves up with His word and live it out. As we live day to day and follow Him we are praising our creator.

God is good and God is for us. I am so thankful that as a wife, mom, and friend that first and foremost I am His child. As long as I focus on my relationship with Christ...everything else will fall into place.

Em

No comments: