Monday, November 22, 2010

my own space

We moved all of the storage shelves and Sampsons house from this corner of the pantry and put our desk. This is my space....I have so many ideas. (See below for a few)

I am so thankful for these bad boys...especially when my boy was sick and I was doing 2-3 loads a day)

This is my closet that is in the huge pantry....I not only have a huge pantry, but it has a closet inside....I love it.

This is the view when you first walk in the laundry/pantry/myspace. I love that our engagement picture is in the laundry room. 8 years ago it was the first thing you saw when you walked in our home...then it moved to the dining room and now it is here.


This is to the right when you walk in. You can see my desk in the left side of the picture. Along with Camden's drum (the black tin with Ghosts and pumpkins and the amazing Veggie Straws....these should be a staple in every family home (Thanks Nakada)

So when we moved into our awesome house a few months ago...I gained this incredible laundry/pantry area....I mean incredible. It is huge! I love it....I am sick when it comes to oranizing things. I have so many plans running around in my head...colors, pictures, accents, baskets, school supplies...oh my. This is a blank slate....and my favorite part is in the back corner is a space that is all mine. Mine to decorate, mine to sit and listen to my music, mine to have my quiet time, a space all about me. I have already been more disciplined with my bible study and my blog...because I look forward to lighting my candle (pumpkin spice), turning on my christmas music (chris tomlin) and just having some me time. I LOVE IT!
So with this fun space I have had all kinds of ideas rolling around in my head. I will show you some colors, some creative inspirations, and the actual space. (I never know if my pix show up above or below...but you get the picture).

Inspirations:
(many from the blog Jones Design Company)
Coffee Filter Foof (hang over the desk)
Blackboard wall (I want to frame a chalkboard/magnetic board to cover the panels)
Raspberry Pudding (for the back wall, with the electrical panels-with above frame that has blackboard paint/magnetic abilities to hide panels) HOW FUN IS THAT PINK?
Cloudy Sky (just love this color...think this may be dining room down the road)
You know I will also have to have a phrase....I am thinking about painting or stenciling Phillipians 4:6-7 on my wall. I want to read that promise everyday.
I just love the idea of having a fresh coat of paint on the walls and trim. Pictures of my family and friends, my computer, my music, my candles, and my space. This is all about me! Yikes!


No comments: