Monday, January 3, 2011

Once in a lifetime...

Coolest picture from the game...thanks John E and Kat!
He loved his dry erase clipboard (I could smell the marker)
NBD...just Tony Delk
Coach Cal and Coach Pitino-Frienemies Go Big Blue...about to hit the road to cheer on the CATS (pix out of order)
We had tickets to the UK verse UofL game on New Years Eve this year. We met up with two other couples and traveled up to Louisville together only to notice when gettin to YUM that our tickets said section 115, row A. Now I have never been in single letters, so as we are walkin to our seats Colin says "I think these are front row." I laugh and just kind of give him a look as we keep walking down the steps....I also notice that the section we are in is right behind the visiting teams bench, that's cool....UK is visiting, this could be interesting. As we get closer and closer and closer the floor, I notice that letter A is definately front row, and we are definately sitting right behind the bench...more specifically Coach Cal. So cool! Never have I ever seen a game from this perspective. I didn't know what to watch, the game or Coach Cal coachin the game. It was incredible....and I guess we were on TV because I was getting text after text about people seeing us...which was tricky. I was dying to twitpic, tweet, text the whole time, but didn't want to miss a minute of the game. I also skipped on my pretzel....I love me a pretzel....but my butt wasn't moving. I only had 40 minutes of this seat, and I know that these were once in a lifetime seats. What a cool way to see the game and cheer on the CATS....they looked great. So the pix above are from time outs and our first 5 minutes in the arena.

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

This is so cool, friend!!! I kept thinking, "Hey! There's my sweet friend, Em!!!" every time the camera panned to that side of the court! So so cool!!!!

Debbie said...

Wow, these are awesome pics! What a wonderful gift! Love that you didn't know they were first row...I can totally see you getting closer, closer....fun! Isn't it great that in life we get just enough fun times/memories to keep us going through the times that are not fun, that are disappointing....God is good.