Sunday, January 23, 2011

Projects and Pix

We had such a great weekend. We really got to lay low as a family, enjoy sitting by the fire, hanging in our pj's, and relaxing. We did get to welcome Grandma and Grandaddy back from their cruise and celebrate a very special B-day....we love you Dad!



We enjoyed some fun times with Uncle Mac and Aunt Whitney.




Welcome to my new obsession...well, not really, I love to organize, and love labels, but have been inspired to go through each room/closet and purge/sell/give items we aren't using away. I also want to keep create specific places for things to be. Our goal is to only have to buy staples from the grocery over the next few weeks, prepare all meals with what we already have, then shop for two weeks and only have those needs in fridge and pantry....wish me luck. Is this unrealistic?


So, this is my before.....all things are in a place...I just need to foof it up a bit.

This is the after with my stencil in the background.


I took the same stencil I used in my office space wall and used it on the back of these shelves.


Then my friend Megan made these labels for me with her Cricut....I may need a group of people to go in with me to buy either a cricut or sillouette....anyone? I mean, it may be out of control... who is with me...leann?

(By the way...originally I was going to have salt as one of my canisters, but after telling Megan what I wanted I switched to powdered sugar...so no that isn't ALL salt!)


How is that for foof-i-fied? I love it. Colin still doesn't know where some items are....for example paper towels....they have been in the same spot for at least two weeks babe!


Be sure to check out my facebook page and watch the Mr. Wizard video....it took too long to upload on here...just another exciting adventure....

3 comments:

Abby said...

I'm with you! I want a cricut soo bad! Every Black Friday I look for sales on the big one and it's never in my price range (you know...$50) :) I'm totally jealous of your pantry! I need mine to look like that!!!

Unknown said...

My mom has a cricut and I love it!! I get to use hers when I need one. So are these labels from the vinyl you cut with it? And what are the canisters made of? Glass? Plastic? Your pantry is beautiful!! Can you come and do mine? It's gotten way out of control.

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

What in the world is a cricut??? :) i love you, friend.