Thursday, February 17, 2011

Excitement

Excitement might be an understatement as I think about this new job. I didn't think I would get back into the classroom this soon, but since I get to take my boy with me....I am rearing and ready to go. I have bought my planbook....dated it, put in our breaks, and have a rough idea of our themes for next year. I have been on Amazon looking at different board books to share with my kids, I have bought some border for my bulletin boards, and yes I am dusting off all my M&M stuff to make their appearance again (I didn't realize I had four blow up ones...Nakada may want to borrow one). I have sketched out where I think furniture will go, what my bulletin boards will look like and started (maybe completed) my orders. I AM CRAZY! I am just itching to get into that room and make it Acorn ready....that is the name of the class....Acorns. Along with the excitement comes some nervousness....like; 10 two year olds, diapers, 3 hours of 10 two year olds, and did I mention they were two? I have been spending some quality time with my favorite two year old lately, and he give me hope in my future career.

As for now, I still get to work at SCC until the end of May. I love that job, and honestly the only con when exploring this new opportunity was leaving SCC. It is a place where I leave filled up and with a smile on my face. I love the people and believe in the mission. I have been so lucky to work there. I will always be around SCC too, I will continue to volunteer and attend, so they can't get rid of me! What a lucky girl I am to have such great opportunities and blessings.

No comments: