Saturday, February 19, 2011

LoVe

Who couldn't love a face like that (drool and all)

I have been hearing on the radio over the last few months about a word that you want to committ to for 2011. As you can see, this was a challenge that came out in early January, to start the new year, but it has taken me a few weeks to confirm my word for 2011. I am happy to report that my word is....
LoVe
I feel like this word has been brought to my attention by friends, the bible, and I really believe that this is the word the Holy Spirit has been whispering to me. I feel called to love in so many ways. I get to love my family. I am such a lucky girl when it comes to the people that live under the same roof as me. God has blessed me with an amazing husband and a wonderful son. We are so blessed to have the gift of Camden, and I pray each day that I can love him and guide him in the ways that Jesus has taught me. I pray each day that I am leading him in the ways that God wants him to go, not the ways that I want him to go. It is hard to let go daily to the fact that he is ultimately God's child and I have just been entrusted to his care here on earth. That is a lot of responsibility.

I get to love my friends. This girl is lucky when it comes to great friends. I have people that speak truth (not always easy) to me. They guide, encourage, and love me where I am and for who I am. They also don't want me to stay the person I am today....they want me to grow in my faith and they want me to overcome my fears. I can't tell you what it means to have friends who will pray and encourage you with scripture.
I get to love my job(s)....you know my heart is full when it comes to my current job at Southland. I get to go in three times a week and when I leave it is hard to wipe the smile off my face. I leave filled up. I enjoy work, and I so enjoy the people I get to work with. I am also looking forward to my new adventure in the fall. I know what I am getting into with the Preschool team, and trust me, it is like family. This is a group of women who will do anything for anyone....they have huge hearts and I LOVE that I am being called back to TLS. I also get to love my sweet Acorn class...more specifically ten spunky two year olds, including my own little guy. I want the focus of my classroom to be love. I want those sweet kiddos to come in each day to a warm hug, and leave the same way. My dream is to instill a love for learning and school. I want to have fun, but I want those tots to feel loved.
I think that I am ready to pour out love on others because of the love that I know is poured out on me by Jesus.

Epesians 2:4-5

"But God is so rich in mercy, and he LOVED us so much, that even though we are dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead."
Thank you Jesus....I can't imagine that sacrifice now as a mom.

Psalm 91
1 You who sit down in the High God’s presence, spend the night in Shaddai’s shadow,2 Say this: “God, you’re my refuge. I trust in you and I’m safe!”3 That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards.4 His huge outstretched arms protect you— under them you’re perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm.5 Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day,6 Not disease that prowls through the darkness, not disaster that erupts at high noon.7 Even though others succumb all around, drop like flies right and left, no harm will even graze you.8 You’ll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance, watch the wicked turn into corpses.9 Yes, because God’s your refuge, the High God your very own home,10 Evil can’t get close to you, harm can’t get through the door.11 He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go.12 If you stumble, they’ll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling.13 You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes, and kick young lions and serpents from the path.14 “If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God, “I’ll get you out of any trouble. I’ll give you the best of care if you’ll only get to know and trust me.15 Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times; I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.16 I’ll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!”
Psalm 91 is a reminder to me of God being my refuge...he will keep me safe, and he ultimately LOVES me. I hope that this is a reminder of who you are and that most of all, you are LoVeD.

No comments: