Monday, February 14, 2011

Change

This could be a really long post. I don't know, what I do know is that it has been way too long.

So much has happened over the past few weeks and it has happened FAST.

It all started at our January staff meeting when a friend of mine came to pray with me. He encouraged me through God's word, during a really sad time for me. I still struggle today with comprehending I lost a baby, and I don't think I have accepted the word miscarriage, but I do believe that through the sadness God will make me stronger. Below is what was said to me. I heard those words with tears streaming down my face, knowing that the only blessing I thought would replace our loss would be a baby, and we all know what statistics say about our chances.

The Word I heard was: “There are future blessings in store” a word of encouragement and of expectation – that you can get excited and expectant for the future – God’s moving and planning to bless in the future!

The Scripture I got was: 1 Corinthians 5:7b-8: Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed for us.8 So let us celebrate the festival, not with the old bread of wickedness and evil, but with the new bread of sincerity and truth.

So I left our January staff meeting with expectation and peace in my heart that God does love me and He does hear my cries. I told Colin about my conversation and have saved it in my inbox so I can read and be reminded of His love daily.

Fast forward to Friday, February 28th. While working at SCC I received an email from my preschool director at The Lexington School inquiring about a new program they are starting next fall for twos. Donna said some really amazing things about my teaching and then asked if I would be interested in coming back to teach this program. It will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8-12 AND Camden can be a part of the class. I immediately forwarded the email to Colin, who said we needed to explore this opportunity further and I should meet with Donna. So that afternoon, I went to discuss the details with Donna. The rest of that weekend Colin and I dreamed about my current job and the new opportunity and which would be best for our family. I also prayed, a lot! I really want to be sure I am following God's lead and doing what He wants and not what I want.

I have had numerous meetings with Donna and it looks like I am going to be back in the classroom next Fall. I know that teaching will provide me with more time with my boy, and provide him an amazing education thru Kindergarten with my friends at TLS. So, what I can say is God has blessed me, He has given me 10 two year olds to love and nurture, including my son. I can say that I am so sad to leave SCC, but know I will still be around by serving. I will miss my friends that I get to see throughout the week, and am do thankful for those friendships, but believe in all my heart that God is calling me back to the classroom. So I need to get used to hearing Mrs. stout again, mixed in with some mom!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Nana said...

How exciting for you AND Camden!!! Did you know that when Stef was 2 and Rach was 4 I went back to the "classroom" helping birth a brand-new preschool in our town? Both girls were my students. God is so sweet how He finds things for us to do that we love at just the right time in our life!