Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Faith over fear

Late January I went to my doctor for my yearly appointment. We talked about the weather, Christmas, and all the other fun stuff you discuss to avoid what is really happening. During an exam my Dr found a small lump in my left breast. He told me to come back in five weeks and not to worry and he was not concerned. Fast forward to yesterday and my follow up appointment. Dr found the same bump, and was pleased it hadn't grown, but felt we needed to investigate further. He took the time to numb me up and aspirated the lump. (I have no idea what I am saying). That was not a fun process. The next step was to schedule a mammogram and ultrasound. Thankfully they could get me in the following morning for both....I was thinking great I will have an answer soon. Unfortunately when the tech went to do the ultrasound this morning there was too much bruising from the procedure yesterday that they couldn't give me a 100% answer about this lump. The mammogram was clear, and the Dr encouraged me by saying if were her ultrasound she wouldn't be concerned. I think I freaked her out when I started to cry. She said that I needed to come back in a month for another ultrasound that my body needed time to heal. She also told me to bring in the lab work from my original appointment. The Dr and tech were wonderful and I felt very comfortable as they were manipulating my body. I mean seriously....at least we were on a first name basis.

What I am learning through this is that God is constant. He is the same in every situation and He will not leave me. I know that all the scripture I read, every song I sing, and every prayer I say is heard. My prayer is that this is nothing, but as I walk through the next few days waiting for test results I will have no doubt God is with me. I want to live with faith not fear.

In my life, be lifted high
In my world, be lifted high
In my love, be lifted high




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Carrie @ 20-Something Homemaker said...

Oh sweet Emily,

My mom recently went through the same thing so I know the long days of waiting can be a huge burden. But you're SO right! God listens to our prayers and he is ALWAYS good to those who love Him!! You're in my thoughts and my prayers. Love you so much!!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Faith, not fear. Love that, friend. :)

Sarah said...

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way sweetie.

xoxo