Tuesday, November 8, 2011

9 Years

Happy Anniversary to my lovely hubs. I can't believe we have been married for 9 years! It still seems like yesterday that I was in my first year of teaching and Colin was finishing up college....yes, I am older (he calls me his couger). When I met Colin I knew that he was someone different. I knew that he had a big heart, he was sensitive and very in tune with my feelings. He walked through a time of healing for me, and he loved me, even when I wasn't very lovable. I am so thankful that God chose him to be my husband. My day to day life is spent laughing and on occasion crying at the crazy things he says and does.

We started our marriage off in Florida....12 hours away from everything I ever knew. I cried all the time. We made some great friends, found a church, and both had great jobs. After we signed a contract to build our first home in Florida....we got a call that brought us back to KY. I was so happy to be back with friends and family...but a part of me will always miss JAX. It was me and Colin against the world.....we had each other and every weekend was a new adventure. During that time we grew as a couple and learned how to lean on each other. We enjoyed and treasured all the visits many of you made during that time.

After two years of marriage we were back in the Bluegrass State. Bought our second home in Copperfield and both started great jobs. Colin back at Lexmark and me at SCC in the Children's Ministry. We both loved our jobs, but felt called to something different. So within the first year of returning home he started to work at Concrete Coring Company (with the intention of buying) and I went back to the classroom at The Lexington School. I LOVED working at my church, but missed having kids in my life.

Around our 4th year of marriage we decided that we would like to start a family. Looking back now at that journey I am so thankful to God for the gift of Camden. What a long hard time for Colin and me, with so many ups and downs....but with the outcome of being a mom and dad we will forever be thankful.

As husband and wife, mom and dad, I am so thankful for my best friend to walk through life with. Throughout the last 9 years I have never laughed so hard. Looking forward to 90+ more babe. I love you.

(When I get my camera fixed on my phone I will post a few pix of our wedding day, Colin looks 12)

No comments: