Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beginnings......

Tomorrow Colin and I are going to our first education class for IVF. We have been praying for this process over the last few months and are anxiously awaiting to start. I have the HUGE box of meds/injections and a peace that God is ultimately the one that is going to bless us with a child. The journey so far has been like a roller coaster ride. We have had many ups and downs with previous procedures and meds (Chlomid is from the devil), all unsuccessful. I think that it is normal to have some reservations about IVF, but we really feel like God is leading us down this road.
We are hoping that there is another couple in our class that we can walk through this with. We have been incredibly fortunate to have many friends and our families to walk with us, but it is going to be really cool to hopefully connect with another couple who is going through the exact same thing.
I will keep you posted......The link to our Dr.'s website is below. He is a wonderful man, and came highly recommended from my OB/GYN who is a strong man of faith. (God is so good!)
http://bluegrassfertilitycenter.com/

Please continue to pray for us as we walk through this process.

2 comments:

Daneen said...

Hi, found your blog through Marie's...

I'm a kindred spirit -- taught elementary school for 11 years and "fought" infertility for 10. We now have 2 beautiful daughters through the blessing of adoption. I totally get the IVF excitement and would be happy to share any experiences you'd like to hear about (or not!).

btw -- I'm NOT one to say "give up and adopt;" I'm one to say "let God lead you and you will not regret one choice." Even though we were never successful in ALL the attempts to have a physical baby, we wouldn't go do anything differently because it's all God's doing.

I will pray for your IVF beginning today. I'll also look forward to updates through your posts!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Hi friend! I'm praying for peace for you tomorrow, that there will be someone in that class that you easily connect with and can encourage as well. I can't WAIT to see how this story unfolds. I love ya and can't wait to see ya!