Tuesday, July 24, 2012

First steps...


So I went and bought the shoes on Saturday and walked past this watch that matched and had to add it to the running accessories.  A girl has to look cute...right?

Yesterday I did some yoga because it was a stretching and strengthening day.  I have a DVD by Bob from The Biggest Loser and did the warm up and cool down part....lame I know.  I am a little sore today, but know I need to beef up my stretching days.  Thankfully my mom and dad have the wii fit and offered it to me for the training process.  I will be doing my yoga wii fit style from now on.  It also has baseball, which Camden seems to LOVE!

Tonight I put on my sweet shoes and watch and hit the pavement.  Jess and I will be run walking three miles, 3!? We will be running at different times due to our schedules and to try and avoid the extreme heat of the day....is it weird that I am really excited about this?

I have set out to do two mini marathons before and made it halfway through training and quit.  I had hip or knee issues and the only person I was running for was myself.  This time I have made it about my hubs and Indonesia....you really can't let your husband down, and a country....talk about motivation, right? I am also trying to set myself up to win....no excuses.  Eating well, down 25 pounds, vitamins and chiropractor to make sure I am all alligned and adjusted.  (If you are looking for a chiropractor check out these guys.  Wellington Chiropratic.  My husband has been so supportive in helping me change my eating habits and focus on my health.  (I love my teammate!)

I will check back in tomorrow and let you know how the run goes. 

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

If you want to know more about Wellington Chiropractic and Melaleuca I would love to share with you!!


2 comments:

aedin said...

You can do it Emily! Get a Hal Higdon training chart if you don't already have one - that guy works miracles for getting you in shape for races!

tpugel said...

Emily!! Congratulations! A half marathon is so doable. A training partner is helpful for the long runs. Each time you hit a milestone… 5, 8, 10 miles you'll gain confidence that you CAN do this! I'd also recommend that you visit Taryn Stone. She is great at keeping your muscles loose and working out the tight muscles! I did the run 10 minutes walk 2 minutes and that was helpful to keep me motivated!! I'll keep up with your progress, I know you can do it!!