Monday, July 23, 2012

Shaped

"Use your uniqueness, to make a big deal out of God, every day out of life."

This recent series on spiritual gifts at Southland Christian Church (I Corinthians 12), helped Colin and I redefine our focus on our spiritual gifts and taught us how to maximize them in our lives. 

If you want to know the specific message and testimony that touched our family, check out this video and fast forward to 21minutes.  Colin is going to be joining a team with Craig to do this exact trip in November.

   I must take a moment and brag on how God is using and working through my husband.  I am so proud of him and how he has decided to go to Indonesia with a team from SCC.   He has always been so jealous of the doctors, dentists, and nurses who get to go to Haiti to use their gifts to love people.  When he heard of this opportunity to go to Indonesia, he knew that it was God's call on his life to use his GIFTS to love others. 

   I can't go with Colin to Indonesia, but I do want to help support him financially and in prayer.  One way that I am going to do both is by running a mini-marathon in October.  I want to train and pray over him and his team as I prepare to run 13.1 miles....my first mini!! I am so nervous, but know I can do this and I have surrounded myself with a team to join me in raising funds for my hubs.  My personal goal is to raise $750 of the $3000 by mid-October!  I know that I can't do this by myself, but with God I CAN DO ANYTHING!  

I have bought my shoes and a very cool watch that match, loaded up my iphone and hit the pavement tomorrow with my friend Jessica.  I will be blogging (AGAIN), through this journey and hope you will pray for me, Colin and the people of Indonesia.  



Hebrews 12:1

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,









2 comments:

Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby said...

This is awesome! You're such a supportive wife! Somehow I missed this sermon. We must have been out of town that week. Craig is so wonderful and has such a heart for missions. I know C will have an amazing experience on this trip!