Friday, July 27, 2012

Early Birds....

...get up early.  I had a much needed day of rest yesterday. It was nice to let my body "recover" a bit from the shock of making it get up and move after a few years.  I also hosted a party for some dear friends in order to start another way to raise money for Colin.  It is always nice to have friends over and spend time together. 

Jes(s) and Whitney (my sis-in-law married to Mac) were both at the party last night and we decided that we were going to wake up at 5am to run our two miles together. We all have crazy days today and knew that this would be the BEST time to run. (Yeah, Whitney has joined the team).  As I fell asleep last night a little part of me was so happy it was storming, I thought to myself it is so cool to say you're going to wake up at 5am, but then can't because of the elements.  Each time I woke up (which was too many last night), it was still storming.  My alarm was set for 4:45 and when I woke up at 4:43 (what??) I didn't hear a thing....no rain, thunder....I didn't see lightening. I knew, the storm had passed and it was time to get going. 



Liar!

We rain in Jes(s)' neighborhood and it was a really good run. It is much cooler at 5am! We started off walking, rain a mile, walked a few, and then finished running. I feel like I am getting a good feel for how I want to run the race. I don't mind walking at the beginning of each mile....it is easy when there are only 2 miles. I don't know how I wil feel when we add, oh 13.1. 

So now it is 6:30 and I am wide awake and blogging.  I know that I am going to definately need a little nap today.  I am off tomorrow and then we run three on Sunday night!!

No comments: