Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Taking it to the Streets

This is my running pal Jes(s). I think her name should have one "s," she insists on 2.  I will give her two because she has agreed to train and run a mini-marathon with me.  Love you friend.  I had been anxiously anticipating our big run all day.  I had planned when I would eat my exercise bar and I set my powder mix out so I would have it ready after completing the run. (anal annie). I mapped our run for a quick mile through the neighborhood.  I had read the book "The Non-Runners Guide to Running a Marathon" on my way home for vacation and really liked her training schedule.  As a teacher I had to retype into Publisher and print out on teal cardstock so I could hang it up in my bathroom to mark off each training day. (anal annie)


Jes arrived at my house around 8. I changed into my cool kid clothes, got my ipod, and earphones and was ready to take it to the streets.  Before we took off I had to tease Jes(s) and tell her that I bought us matching earphones (picture above) with microphones so we could be in constant communication during our run.  She looked at me puzzled and grateful, then like I was crazy.  Those are Colin's headphones for his X-Box, but I thought the picture was hilarious.

We walked for about 2 minutes
 ran about 6 minutes
 walked 2 minutes
 then ran 5 minutes
 then cooled down for about 2 minutes
 As you can see, we are currently over the 14 minute mile requirements....first day, we will get there. 

I am so thankful for the team that has agreed to run with me in Midway to raise money for Colin. So far we have 5 possibly 6 running in October....you are more then welcome to join the team too! We don't have to train together, you can go at your own pace and then meet up the day of the big race!!

Hebrews 12.1(almost 13.1, like the mini)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,


No comments: