Sunday, August 2, 2009

It.....is here!


Synonyms for Radical....basic, essential; original, innate, ingrained, complete, unqualified, thorough, drastic, excessive,

Last night as I walked into church to hear about what It is, I was very excited. I know that this series has been hyped up, and I knew that it was going to probably change the church as we knew it. I took Camden to the nursery for the first time last night and he did awesome. The process was easy, organized, and I knew my little guy was safe. I wanted him to be in the nursery so I could really focus on what "it" is.

Essentially it is Jesus. Southland is tired of going to church and sitting in the pews being consumers. We are being called to step out of our seats and go....go out and love on people, make Jesus knows in Lexington. We want people to fall in love with him and then follow him. Sounds so simple....but I think that it was one of the most powerful challenges ever put in front of me. I believe I am one of the consumers. I believe that I don't do enough to make Jesus known.

When Colin and I got home last night and we were in Camden's room feeding, reading, and praying together I got a little choked up. I don't ever want Camden to know the "going to church" mentality, I want him to forever know he has to be the church. He gets to serve and love on people. We prayed a scary prayer last night, for God to use us in the radical movement.....to take our lives and use them for His glory.

I posted synonyms for radical above....essential (I can't live without Jesus), ingraiied, complete, but the one that got me was unqualified....I am soooo unqualified to do this job, but with Jesus I can do ALL things. I can't wait to be a part of this, I can't wait to see where God leads the Stout's.

Check out the "It" website here http://www.itlexington.com/ or southland's websited here: www.southlandchristian.org

Em

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Isn't the southland nursey amazingly easy! I felt so good about leaving him there and knowing he was safe!

I went to the 11:30 service and was so moved by "it". I haven't been to southland in a while, but was excited to be back and be at the beginning so something so exciting!

Mama Smors said...

I am so excited about IT and more than anything I feel challenged to be part of IT!