Monday, August 3, 2009

Romans 5

18-19Here it is in a nutshell: Just as one person did it wrong and got us in all this trouble with sin and death, another person did it right and got us out of it. But more than just getting us out of trouble, he got us into life! One man said no to God and put many people in the wrong; one man said yes to God and put many in the right.

How many times have I been the person that is in the wrong. How many times have I made a poor choice, walked down the wrong road only to realize I was doing exactly opposite of what God intended for me. I am a sinner, every day I have to make a conscience (sp) effort to make good choices and to follow Christ, and ever day I fail. Why is it so hard to be a Christ follower.....Jesus has already done everything for me, he died, he paid the price, so that I could live forever. But I still find it difficult each day to fight the earthly desires of my heart and give myself to Christ.

20-21All that passing laws against sin did was produce more lawbreakers. But sin didn't, and doesn't, have a chance in competition with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace. When it's sin versus grace, grace wins hands down. All sin can do is threaten us with death, and that's the end of it. Grace, because God is putting everything together again through the Messiah, invites us into life—a life that goes on and on and on, world without end.

The beauty of my above problem is this, "sin doesn't have a chance in competition with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace." Grace is such a beautiful word... I am so thankful for it, I am covered each day with the Grace of God. When I stumble, grace picks me up, when I say the wrong thing, grace forgives me, Grace is what I am thankful for today. With this gift of grace I can live.

elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.
2. a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment.
3. favor or good will.
5. mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace.
6. favor shown in granting a delay or temporary immunity.
8. Theology. a. the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.
b. the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.
c. a virtue or excellence of divine origin: the Christian graces.
d. Also called state of grace. the condition of being in God's favor or one of the elect.

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

thanks, friend. i look forward to getting together on friday! :) love you!