Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thoughts....

My mind is still racing on ways that we can help our surrounding community (I am excited about an opportunity coming up soon to make meals for Africa with SCC)...I don't just want to think LEX, I also want to thing globally. My prayer for the last few years is that God call me and Colin on a mission trip together. I have a desire to serve along side my husband and to work as a team. I don't know when or if that will happen, and if it does where....but I am listening, and I will go. (sorry mom and dad). It would be really cool if God called our whole family, when Camden was old enough to understand. I don't know if it would be here or across the world....I don't know what we would be doing, but I think that it would be really cool.

What if a group of our closest friends all went together....talk about community. All I know from my experiences in N. Ireland is that the team you are called to serve with truly does become your family. You travel, eat, pray, worship, serve, cry, rejoice, etc together. You not only rely on God, but also on the people that are next to you.

I don't know where He is calling us, or if he is calling us....but the desire is definately there.
Em

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Is God calling you to Ethiopia? Lord willing, we will be there in a couple of years again! :) Want to come with?

Unknown said...

emily, you and your huge heart never cease to amaze me. i've had so many similar thoughts of late and feel such a kinship knowing that a similar seed has been placed in my heart. (maybe i can join and document the adventure for everyone?)

camden is looking cuter (can that really be possible) by the day! xoxo -melanie-