Friday, September 11, 2009

Week in Review....

Camden Wade Stout age: 4.5 months, and Williman Henry Howard age: 2
BFF



My friend Kristin stopped by on Wednesday with William to bring us lunch. Will was just itching to hold Camden and he was so, so sweet with him. Love this picture so much.



What a great picture...



Nana Pam with her sweet Grandson



75% in length....



cereal (I promise he is starting to like it)



We had a great Labor Day weekend with Nana Pam. I haven't had as much time to blog due to my son not being a big fan of naps. He is an amazing, AMAZING, sleeper at night so I can't complain. (7-7, some days 7-8), we don't like to speak of this as we fear it may jinx it. Nana Pam fed Cam his first full bowl of cereal, came really close to seeing Cam roll over (still working on that one), and bought him some sweet pj's. We had a blast and are already looking forward to celebrating Christmas with both her and Craig.

This week has been spent around the house. We have been trying to iron out these naps. I would love your opinion....is it normal to have this type of schedule? (am I complaining for nothing).

8-wake up 8oz of formula
9-nap
10-back up, eats some cereal or rice
10-12 play and hang out with mommy
12 8oz of forumla
12-1 nap (I want this to be at least two hours)
1-4 hang out with mommy and 8 oz of formula
4-5 nap
6-cereal
6:30-bath, 8oz of formula
7 or 7:30 bed

We do a little baby wise...just not in the "correct" order. We tend to eat, sleep, wake instead of sleep, eat, wake (I think). Please let me know your thoughts and also know I have a very good baby...I love him to death, it is just nice to know how everyone else operates.

This weekend the Stout's are super busy with 2 weddings, deer hunting, baby shower, and a 2nd Birthday party. Par-tay!! We are exciting to have a date night on Saturday and Camden is spending the night with Grandma and Grandaddy.....yeah!! (I say that now but know I will miss peaking in on my man).

Camden is growing longer and longer each day. He is in 6 month clothing due to his length. He is busting (literally) out of his 3-6 onsies. (how is that a size anyway). He is loving whole wheat cereal the best, and still trying to figure out oatmeal. Sunday we will start fruits and veggies. (I make the veggies with Stef and buy the fruit).

We are loving life and eating up every moment God gives us with baby camden. Again, so sorry about the lack of posting, but if the boys asleep I am cleaning, napping, ect.
Em

3 comments:

Patrice said...

I fretted over Laurelei's schedule forever. She never really caught on to the long naps. We were taking about 2, 2 hr naps a day, but are down to about 2, 1 hr naps. She sleeps the 11 hr nights consistently, and just doesn't seem to wear out enough during the day! So maybe it's completely normal?

I would say with the amount he is taking from a bottle, real food is going to make his sleep so much better! I bet he's just not satisfied! Laurelei still will barely take 6 oz. of formula!

What a cutie he is!

majorfam said...

Seriously, he is adorable! I think figuring out the napping schedule can be so exhausting sometimes:) Every kid is different, so don't fret too much if isn't napping as much...esp since he is sleeping so well at night.

Here are a few adjustments I might try:

8-wake up 8oz of formula
8:30-cereal
9:30-11 nap
11:00-wake up/ 8oz formula (could wait until 11:30 for bottle if want it to be close to lunch time)
11:30-1:00 PLAY TIME
1:00-3:00 nap
3:00-3:30 wake up/8oz formula
3:30-5 PLAY TIME
5:00-5:40 Cat nap
6:00-cereal
6:30-bath, 8oz of formula
7 or 7:30 bed

After he gets older you can start making his PLAY/AWAKE time longer and push his morning/afternoons back a few minutes and eventually eliminate the cat nap in the evening.

Hope this helps!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

you are such a great mom, friend! i love ya!