Tuesday, November 17, 2009

7 Day Prayer Challenge....

I will be praying this prayer every morning with Camden after breakfast. Our church has been challenged to pray, sing, and medidtate. Jon has given us two scriptures to memorize and meditate on. He has encouraged us to listen to all worship music, and to take a 15 minute prayer walk every day. Cam and I had our prayer walk yesterday. I noticed that I had a little pep in my step, I was waving at everyone and really enjoyed the time with Cam. We thanked Jesus for so many things....we are so blessed. I encourage you to read through this prayer daily....
Em

Taken from Jon's Blog (http://www.southlandchristian.org/jonweece/)
Our 7 Day Prayer
“Abba Father, I praise you for your goodness and your grace. I praise you for your creation and the beauty of it. I praise you for the life you’ve given me. Your compassion and love instill joy and confidence in my life. Father, forgive me for continually rejecting and running away from the life that you created me for. Look past my sins and cover my stains. Remove the guilt that marks my life and the shame that robs my sleep. I have run from your truth for far too long; I’m at my wit’s end, there is no rope left, this life I’m living isn’t working, so I’m running to you. God, no matter what it takes, bring brokenness in my life. Open my eyes to how utterly hopeless I am without you. Teach me to hate sin. Teach me humility. In your great grace, would you unravel and ruin me, dismantle and devastate me; pull down every pillar of my faithless life until I wholly depend upon you. Surround me with your mercy, overwhelm me with your grace, cover me with your love, and drench my life in the words of your truth. Pour out your Spirit, your empowering presence, upon my life and teach me the joy of full surrender. God, take me ever deeper into your heart, show me the Jesus way of life, and may the light of his life be the light that shines through me—from the inside out. Amen!”
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” (II Timothy 1:7 NIV)
And for those who dare to memorize two verses in the same week:
“The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” (II Timothy 4:18 NIV)

No comments: