Monday, November 2, 2009

Crazy Love


So my friend Stef and I are going to start reading through the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. This is a book that I have been wanting to read for a long time and I am really excited to walk through it with Stef. We are going to read a Chapter a week, watch a video on the author's website (http://www.crazylovebook.com/) and do some other research on another Blog we found called Bloom (http://thebloombookclub.blogspot.com/). I think so many people are starting to crave a more crazy kind of love for Christ. Our church is calling us to love others, and I want to do that well. The only way I can love others well is if I first love Jesus. I do have a relationship with Jesus, but I want more...I want to live minute to minute by His purpose.....here is an excerpt from his website talking about the book......


God is love. Crazy relentless, all-powerful love.

Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts-it's falling in

love with God. And once you encounter his love, you will never be the same"

~Francis Chan


I want to live a life of passion and look back and know I lived without fear, and full of love! I can't wait to dive in.....


Em

1 comment:

Kendra White said...

this book is amazing... we are giving it at our christmas present this year:)