Wednesday, December 23, 2009

32 and counting

I had the best birthday ever. It started with my dear friend Jaci bringing me coffee and fun Christmas presents for Camden. She stayed for a nice visit and got to snuggle with Cam.I had lunch with my be fri J. Corn....we had some Moe's and great conversation. She made me some sweet treats and gave me a pair of earrings that I LOVE. Colin came home early from work (which rarely happens and I love it when it does). We ran around and actually went to the mall for a few last minute gifts (the mall was CRAZY). Then we went to my mom and dad's for dinner. Mom made spanish rice and we were joined for the delightful meal by KJ, Nakada, Sophie, Riley, Mac, and Whitney. It was perfect! My mom knows I love cookie cakes so she made one for me...totally forgot to take a picture...it was perfect.

So anyhow, I was thinking yesterday about 32 years. I have been alive 32 years. I always thought 32 sounded so old as a kid, and now I think it is the new 20's. I love my life. I love that i got to wake up yesterday to a happy 8 month old baby. That I got a phone call from the best hubs in the world first thing in the morning. That I have so many great friends that called, text, and FB'd me birthday wishes. God is so good to me. I am so thankful for where he has placed me and the people he has surrounded me with.

Today Nana Pam and Craig (Colin's mom and stepdad) arrive from Texas. We are excited that they get to share in Cam's first Christmas with us. We will also have Craig's parents in town for the weekend. Everyone (including my fam) will join us for Christmas brunch. I will take a picture of my table and post it.....

Merry Christmas friends!!

No comments: