Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What God is teaching me....


2 Timothy 1:7 (New Living Translation)
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.


A few weeks ago I committed this scripture to memory and I just couldn't get past the last word. Self-disipline....I am the kind of girl who will try something new, go full force for maybe a month and then fall off the wagon. I have tried so many things, I feel that I struggle with self-discipline in so many areas in my life.....prayer, friends, family, diet, exercise, MONEY, etc. I want to start small, I want to committ to something, COMMITT and pray through it for self-discipline as I walk (run) through it and know that I can't do anything without Christ. I am not testing God, I am simply asking Him to lead me, and I will follow. So....here's the deal....


I am going to run the first ever Lexington mini-marathon in March. 13.2 miles. http://www.lexingtonhalfmarathon.com/ I have printing off a training schedule http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm and now I am committing in front of you for accountability that I will run this in March. I will continue to strength train throughout the week, and add to that by running according to the Hal Higdon schedule. I am thrilled to know that my friend Taryn is getting a group together every weekend to do the long runs together.


Not only is this going to take self-discipline but also prayer... Would you please pray with me for the following.


1. That I remain healthy, my body strong, and mind focused on His will during this time. I don't want this to be about me, I want it to be about the relationship I have with God.

2. I tend to be a hypochondriac and find something new wrong with me each day, pray that my mind will be less focused on me and what is wrong and more focused on others.

3. Each run I worship! I pray, and know that it is only with Him I am able to run!

4. Please let me know how I can pray for you....I am going to have a lot of time to do so.
5. I am running for the refuge. A group that is devoted to helping women who want to get out of the adult entertainment industry. Such an amazing group! Pray for these women


Thanks friends....I am looking forward to this.

Em

4 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

so proud of you, friend.

me ;) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
me ;) said...

Heyyyy...just stopping by. Removed that last comment because I kept 'talking' and I couldn't shut up!!

Anyway, hope the marathon turn out great!

Mama Smors said...

That is awesome!! I am so proud and motivated by you :) I will pray for all the people running for the refuge.
*Camden is so cute with Santa... Ivy was terrified (for the 2nd year in a row)!