Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Deep Breath....

We had an amazing Christmas! It was full of family, friends, and fun. We are so blessed to have so much family to want to spend time with us, and we are feeling so very loved. Camden has so many new toys and some sweet threads to sport throughout the next year. The kid scored HUGE this Christmas....which means less shopping mommy has to do, which means daddy is happy about saving money. :) We hosted Colin's mom (Nana Pam), and her husband Craig, (Papa Craig) over the week. It was so nice to have them here. We had some really great conversations, meals, and just time together. They drove up from Dallas, TX with a car FULL of homemade pumpkin pies, rolls, gifts, and I think they had luggage. Our gift from them this year was a really, really, really, really, really cool trashcan (I have a picture to be posted soon). It is HUGE and holds so much (we were taking our trash out 2-3 times a day before). It also has a lid that closes quietly and on its own. It is awesome...oh and stainless. If you haven't noticed I LOVE it! They also got us a coffee pot, our other one was a little bit of a pain when you went to pour coffee....sorry. My mom and dad also got me the Shark steam floor mop.....I am so excited about tackling my floors. (I just realized I am officially old....excited about my gifts of trashcan, coffee pot, and steamer....geesh).

One of my favorite parts of Christmas Day was when we went to put Camden to bed. Colin and I had some time alone with Camden. We all read through the Christmas Story together. We talked about the meaning of Christmas with Camden (I am sure he gets it) and we prayed together as a family. Camden loves books and especially liked the picture of baby Jesus on the last page....(he loves babies). What a gift Jesus is, I know that I couldn't live without Him. He is my strength, the reason I wake up, and my purpose for this life. I am praying for Him to continue to guide and direct our family in his radical plan. I am praying that He give us wisdom in raising this little guy he has blessed us with. I am thanking him for all the many blessings of 2009. Happy Birthday Jesus!!!!!!

Pix to be posted soon...I think I will do a slideshow like my friend Sarah...I would put a link to your blog friend, but I don't know how....

Em

No comments: