Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What's Your Story?

I have been overwhelmed thinking through what God is calling me to do. Our church has been in a series where we have been looking at our lives as a story. God has written and continues to write the best story for Emily Stout. He knew me before I was born, He knew my hair color, my eye color, my interests, my personality (Stef and Michelle S,F,L,P...I have no idea what that means), my struggles, my fears, my husband, my life.....isn't that crazy to think about. He knew all of that before He created me. That's how he knows each of us.....with such intimacy. Yet, I try to write my own story, knowing that I don't even begin to see the whole picture. He does....why is it so hard to trust him from beginning to end, chapter to chapter, page to page, really for me the beginning of one word to the end. I really do feel like I know what is best for me, who am I kidding. It is a daily struggle to surrender my plans for His.

I am really praying for God to reveal the way He wants to use me. What do I need to focus on? What do I need to give up? Please pray with me, I want to make a difference in this world while I am here. I want to leave here with people knowing they were loved by me, but most importantly by Jesus. I want to have such a relationship with God that I just ooze him!

Em

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

friend, you ARE oozing Jesus. i promise. :) i look forward to figuring out our Kingdom-roles together!

mormon girl said...

Isnt it all so amazing? He knows each and everyone of us :)