Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let Go

So I have been given a book to read for work. I found it in my desk last Friday and thought my boss was trying to tell me something nicely.....how does he know I need to let go of....you name it. I have been praying the last few months that I forget. I know that sounds crazy, but I have been praying whole heartedly, that I could forget. I want to be a gracious, thankful, woman of God and in my job, sometimes it is just really hard. Please don't think ill of me. I LOVE my job, I love that I get to go to work, but in my position I hear and see a whole lot. I get to hear and see first hand hurt people. After hearing the same story 10-15 times in one four hour shift, it gets a little old, just being honest. My prayer is that I can forget the previous calls (the ones where we hang up and they aren't happy with me) and open my heart to the person on the other end of the phone. That I hear or see them as the precious child of God they are, the child that needs their Father. The person that is in desperate need in so much more that money or clothes most of the time. I need to learn to let go of the hard phone calls, and open up to the opportunities that await me each day. God has me in this position for such a time as this....I get to love people, speak truth, and listen. Wow....I get to....thank you Lord. Would you pray with me? Would you pray that my attitude is that of Christ, that I have an open heart each time I answer the phone. Mike Breaux once said...thick skin, but a thin heart.

In my book Let Go by Fenelon (I guess he is a greek god), I read the first letter today. Of course, God spoke and I am listening...

"The good that comes from any experience of personal weakness is the realization that God wants us to be lowly and obedient."

So....I am your servant Lord, use me.

No comments: