Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day!

Office project in progress...


Well, today is Camden's very first snow day. He is already doing a great job embracing it, because it is 8:30 and he is still snoozin'. Thanks little buddy. I have made coffee, muffins, and now sat down to blog. I can't guarantee this will be a complete post in one setting.....I am thinking my little guy may wake up.


We had a great weekend. We celebrated Christmas with everyone Colin works with Friday...and then snuck over to Mac and Whitney's Christmas party. Then Saturday we celebrated Joseph Feola's second birthday at Gymboree (where I learned the scary clowns name is Gymbo)....yikes! Camden LOVED it, he climbed, screamed, played maraccas, and danced. He wore himself OUT...such a fun party. The only part he wasn't sure of was the parachute. Other then that he had a blast. Speaking of Camden, he is really beginning to talk. He is repeating after me so many words..."circle, thank you," It is so fun. He is also all about throwing things. He gets really excited and just doesn't know what to do, so he throws. (remember Baby Jesus)


Yesterday, I may have gotten a wild hair. When Colin sees this coming out, he usually hits the road running the other way. I bought my paint and tackled my office. It is definately not finished, but I am just giving myself time to process how pink (pepto) the back wall is, and how best to tone it down? I also have two blank canvases that I want to draw something on...Colin says we already have way too many words and "s's" in the house, so I am thinking about that one. I am thinking a little bird...I dont know. I am open to suggestions from you crafty people. As for now...here is the space so far. I told ya...it looks like pepto.


Em

4 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

Love the office! Pink Paisley is close to my heart! :)

Dara Marie said...

Emily, love reading your blog and love your little space. I think every Mom needs one of those. :)

Had a thought for your artwork...I'm hoping to do something similar. Anyway, what about paiting a simple tree trunk and branches and then using your family's thumbprints to make the leaves. I've seen some things done like that for wedding guests to make but thought it would be super cute for a family. :) And then you could add to it with guests that come to your house and other family members. Kind of like a family tree.

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Friend, you might be the most creative person i've ever met. love you much!

Mama Smors said...

i love it!!!