Monday, March 7, 2011

Are you Listening?

Sometimes I feel like I am not being heard. I feel like I pour my heart out to God, and He just isn't there. I feel like I am screaming and screaming and the only thing I hear is my own echo. Today, I was reminded that maybe I need to be the one listening...maybe I need to stop screaming and sit and listen. I am not cool with that, that is really uncomfortable to me. However, I find if I take the time to STOP and LISTEN, He is there and He will speak to my spirit. I am gearing up to speak to MUMS this Thursday....and I can't wait. I have known about this for 6+ weeks and just feel like God has told me over and over, just share your story. Really? My story? The one where I have a hard time trusting you, and have been brokenhearted. I feel like God is saying....Yes, that one, the one where you leaned on me, your marriage grew stronger, and I held you in my arms while you healed. So, would you please pray that God use me to tell His story on Thursday. I am not a public speaker at all....at all. I am excited to see what God has to share, and thrilled that He has given me songs, scripture, and passages from a few books already....although I know He is ultimately calling me to share my story. Yikes!
Em
Got to go listen.....

No comments: