Friday, March 25, 2011

Little Elks

So I had my second experience with consignment shopping yesterday. I am all about Craigslist, garage sales and finding the best deal, but these church consignment sales are exhausting. I am in no way perfect, so please don't take these comments personally, these are my opinion only.

1. I think that the sale should be renamed Little Hoarders. Have you ever noticed that women and men go through the racks and racks of clothes grabbing almost everything they think they want. They take their three laundry baskets of clothes, find a corner and make piles of what they do and don't want. They don't want to leave what they think they want on the rack because by the time they decide they want it, it might be snatched. I'm not kidding every corner, stage, stairwell, and bathroom is taken over by the hoarders. Baskets and piles of they want me, they want me nots.

2. Please don't sit on the floor between the racks of clothes. You already have three laundry baskets I have to navigate over, adding a body is a tripping hazard. Plus with about two feet between each rack, we are already invading some serious personal space.

3. Do people seriously buy used kids underwear? You know drawers that small were used for potty training right?

4. I love to be around people, but for some reason Little Hoarders overwhelms me. I always walk out with one, maybe two things. I am well aware of the amazing deals offered on the gently used clothing and baby items. I just get so hot and sweaty feeling bad that I don't have the patience to invest any time in digging for deals. So yesterday as I waited in line to pay for $2 camo shoes and $10 for a swing, I felt embarrassed that I didn't have piles and piles of items. Lots of comments like "oh I feel bad, you have to wait for two items!"

5. I loved who I got to stand in line with for the hour. A sweet couple who knew my friend Dr Akin, and are expecting Twins! It was so cool to hear their story and talk about our experiences. So, I am thankful for Little Lambs/Elks/Hoarders and will most likely go back.

6. Pardon my rants and inability to write funnily.
Em


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: