Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eucharisteo-Thanksgiving

My bible study is currently reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts~A Dare to LIVE FULLY Right Where You Are. I highly reccomend the book....just push through the first chapter, it is tough. She is such an eloquent writer, sometimes very wordy....I am a simple girl, but I do appreciate her ability to paint a picture with each word. Maybe I am just jealous. The concept of the book is "wherever you are, be ALL there." Some of my favorite quotes from her book so far (Chapters 1-4) are:
"I only live the full life when I live FULLY in the moment"

"With each passing minute, each passing year, there's this deepening awareness that I am filling, gaining time. We stand on the brink of eternity."

"In naming that which is right before me, that which I'd otherwise miss, the invisitble becomes visible."


"God is in the details; God is in the moment. God is in all that blurs by in life--even hurts in a life."

So yesterday, I took time, I slowed down and I listened. I watched. I took time to see. I don't think that it was a mistake that the night before I felt sooooo rushed. When I looked up, and took time, I saw a little miracle eating dinner all by himself. My heart hurt, I felt like Martha rushing around and missing the most important person in the room at that moment. My son. So, I stopped, I took a seat and I ate. Even now, tears are burning in the back of my eyes, but I am thankful that I am aware of this need to slow down and see each moment as a gift. Today is all we have...this minute is it. Colin prays each night for our family and thanks God for this moment, this day, because it is all we have. He prays that we live fully in these beautiful moments. So back to yesterday, I sat at my table with my awesome new journal from Leigh...and I wrote out prayers of thanksgiving...72 of them, just like that. I am unlearning the business of life, and learning the minute to minute way to live life.
"Our very living is associate with our gratitude"


"To name a thing is to manifest the meaning and value God gave it."


The very act of naming these things is worship.


"God gives gifts and I give thanks and I unwrap the gift given; JOY."

1. Unexpected gifts 3. Sun rays peaking out first thing in the morning 5. Sweet tea 6. a positive pregnancy test 8. Laying on the beach and listening to the ocean and smelling the salt water 13. Camden's belly laugh (only daddy can get) 15. Handwritten notes 18. Rocking my sweet baby boy and smelling his baby shampoo 23. Pajama pants and a big ol KY sweatshirt 29. CS Lewis song 32. Learning that I am cherished, loved, and a child of God (daily) 35. driving with my windows down and my radio loud 42. fresh flowers 53. sitting by the fire pit outside and seeing all the stars on a clear night 56. thunderstorms on lazy days 61. Seeing birds and being reminded not to worry
These are just a few....what are you thankful for?

No comments: