Tuesday, July 7, 2009

You are who you are through this gift and call of Jesus Christ!

I have started studying through the book of Romans. I have decided that I really need to take a look at each chapter and as I go highlight lines and phrases that stand out to me and then write about why they stand out to me. Today was my first day and this line in the message stood out to me....


"You are who you are through this gift and call of Jesus."


This to me is so encouraging. As you know I haven't been happy with who I am lately. I am dealing with self-image stuff (who would have thought at 31?). But these are such encouraging words....there is not mistake as to who I am at this very moment. I am who I am through Christ. I need to let go of this heartache of weight, age, ect and just enjoy who I am. Enjoy each day I have been given. Focus on the many, many blessings I have been given through this gift of Jesus. Focus on the call of Jesus. I believe that Satan is trying to distract me from God's call each day in my life....and it is working. I know that I am still going to cringe when I look in the mirror, but now I am going to add this scripture to my mirror and look at that and know that that I am who I am through HIM who gives me life....gave me breath to breathe another day, and to grab every opportunity I am given. Thanks for listening to my rambling....I was encouraged and was hoping someone else would be too.

Em

Just look at these three precious friends I have been given....and our sweet makeovers (it's not facebook girls)

2 comments:

Nana said...

Thank you, Emily. I too am struggling with my self image--just ask Stef--she was trying to encourage me about it when I was there last weekend. I will also try to remember that verse and repeat it in my head when I don't feel like I'm who I want to be. Just go hold your little man each time you feel discouraged and remember how important you are to God for Him to pick you as Camden's mommy! Love you!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Yay for Romans!!! :) I'm so thankful that you are in my life, friend! You are a great gift to me, and I love you much, much, much!!! Yes, WE ARE WHO YOU ARE BECAUSE OF JESUS.... thank you, Jesus, for not leaving us as we were but restoring us and making us new!!! love you, friend!